Saturday, September 28, 2013

DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte

 photo IMG_1673_zps36bee5eb.jpg
 
I love starbucks pumpkin spice latte, but I live NO where near a Starbucks I've been craving one since the weather has started to cool off. I've been playing around with different mixes and what works with what and found the simplest recipe seems to taste the best
 
 
So the easiest way to do this is make yourself a strong pot of coffee. I make half a pot but use enough grounds for a full pot (because I always have more then one latte lol)
 
before you start to brew your coffee add 1 tsp - 1 tbsp. of pumpkin SPICE. I started with 1 teaspoon, and worked my way up to the tablespoon, then back down to 2 teaspoons. You will have to make this once or twice to get your preferred amount of pumpkin spice for your taste.
 
Next add your sugar to your cup before anything else.
 
Warm some milk up (only half a cup or a little less then half the cup your using) in a pot on the stove, OR in the microwave. I like the stove better only because once I see the bubbles start I know its warm enough.
 
Add your warm milk to your cup, then top it off with your spiced coffee. Stir well, add whip cream if you want and even add a sprinkle on top  ;)
 
enjoy!
 
Homemade pumpkin spice latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment