Sunday, May 19, 2013

Easy DIY Laundry Soap

 photo DIYLaundrysoap.jpg 

So I have been looking everywhere and trying everything to make my own laundry soap. I have 4 kids, plus myself and husband along with 2 dogs and a cat. SO we do a ton of laundry!

Anyways I've been searching for a "good" home made laundry soap to help cut the costs of our everyday living. I tried a few and found a lot just didn't have the cleaning power.

So After many attempts, all different measurements, and a lot of laundry later, I found the perfect ratio of ingredients!

Its super easy, and works great. You will most likely never buy laundry soap again!

What you will need

2 cups Borax
2 cups of Arm & Hammer WASHING Soada
1 bar of Ivory Soap (purex, sunlight, and others should work as long as its a soap bar not a beauty bar *moisturizer bar*)
Cheese grater for the soap
Downy Unstoppables or essential oils - Optional

put the 2 cups of each borax, and washing soda in a container. Grate up your bar of soap. I found using the small side works so much better then using the larger side of the grater. The small pieces incorporate much easier.

 photo IMG_0535.jpg

Now this can be it and you can be done there.  If that's the case you just made yourself 5.5 cups of laundry soap and only need to use 1 - 2 tablespoons at a time. 1 or smaller less soiled clothes, and 2 for larger or heavier soiled clothes.

 photo IMG_0536.jpg


Or if you want a more fragrant smelling laundry soap you can add down unstoppables (which I did) or you can try adding your favorite essential oil. Don't use anything but these 2 things. I tried many different things trust me, and everything BUT these ruin your batch. If you choose to use essential oils you still only need the 1 - 2 tablespoons , however if you use the downy unstoppables, I added 2 full  cap fulls so I use 3 tables spoons of laundry soap.

 photo IMG_0537.jpg
 
I hope you all love this as much as myself and my family do!





No comments:

Post a Comment