Sunday, May 19, 2013

DIY Baby wipes - sorta

 photo DIYWipes.jpg 

4 easy steps to DIY Baby wipes - sorta!

I say sorta because what I am actually doing is making a baby wipe solution.
I have tried and tried and tried to make wipes, and either they mold of the paper towel falls apart, its to soapy.. tons and tons of trial and error!

I am happy with what I have been doing now for the past few months and found its easy enough I think everyone can do it.

You need:
Paper towel - I use bounty select a size
Old wipes container or even a plastic Ziploc container
a empty spray or pump bottle 
Baby wash + lotion or oil OR I use dove baby wash on my son so I use it for his wipes too

Using your container fill it 3/4 to just about full with warmer to hot water
transfer your water to a bowl and add 1 table spoon of baby wash and 1 tablespoon of oil or lotion.. or if you want to use the dove I put 2 tablespoons of this and nothing else

Whisk the water and bodywash together (dont just put them in the bottle and shake as it wont mix properly) one everythign is all mixed up, transfer it back to the bottle and your done!

Next time your little one needs to be changed a spay/pump or two  of solution on a folded paper toewl should do the trick!

I used to buy $18 in wipes a month, my cost now.. $5! Super savings. This would make nice gifts too. Put some in a spray bottle with a sticker on i, great baby shower gift!

If you want to use it in the diaper bag, I keep mine in a small travel sized old shampoo bottle, works really well ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment