Saturday, October 5, 2013

Scrabble tile coasters

I've seen these around and really wanted to try it.


 photo IMG_0044_zpsd0733327.jpg

So I found myself a scrabble game from a yard sale for $1 and proceeded to try my hand at this with my daughter.

Well the white glue didn't work so well. We ended up using the hot glue gun. We found that a lot of the letter tiles were not the same size :(


 photo IMG_0036_zps09f8d2bb.jpg


 photo IMG_0038_zps9f2403e4.jpg

The easiest way (we found) to do this was also to do one strip of 4 letters at a time, then glue four strips together.


 photo IMG_0037_zps36e4869b.jpg

We did find the craft fun, and kind of playing at the same time. Finding a bunch of four letter words.
Don't be tricked into thinking this is a breeze though, it does require a little more time and effort.
We also added some scrap fabric to the back so they slide easily across the table surface :)

 photo IMG_0041_zps799de60c.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment